The Kitzsteinhorn - snow and nature experience at 3,000 meters.
New cable car line from Kaprun
via Maiskogel to Kitzsteinhorn
The new cable car line Kaprun-Maiskogel-Kitzsteinhorn is a long-held dream come true.
From this winter, you'll be able to hop on a cable car right in the centre of Kaprun village – the valley station is only a short walk from The ALPENHAUS KAPRUN – and ascend up to the Maiskogel, and from there continue directly up to the Langwiedboden, the heart of the Kitzsteinhorn glacier ski area.
Ski-in ski-out at its finest, 100% guaranteed snow from October until spring and a diverse range of slopes to suit families, seasoned skiers and freeride freaks - ultimate skiing fun at one of Austria’s best-loved ski resorts, Zell am See – Kaprun.
3K K-ONNECTION FACTS
- Longest cable car ride, 12 km long with a series of six cable cars
- Largest elevation gain in the Eastern Alps, rising from 768 m to 3,029 m
- Two ways to the Kitzsteinhorn
- Kaprun Center with K-onnection: Recommended for those is staying within walking distance of the MK valley station
- Gletscherjet valley station: Recommended for day-visitors and everyone who wants fast, direct access to the glacier on the Kitzsteinhorn
- MK Maiskogelbahn launched December 2018 with 123 gondolas, 10 passengers each
- 3K K-onnection opens November 2019 with 32 gondolas, 32 passengers each
- Ski-in & ski-out from Kaprun to the glacier