Summer holidays in Kaprun
Holidays between the Kitzsteinhorn and the Zell Lake
Our 4 star hotel near to the glacier and the legendary Kitzsteinhorn makes the ideal base for a wide variety of active entertainment both in summer and in winter. Summer in Kaprun links skiing adventures in the Kitzsteinhorn glacier ski area and bathing fun in the Zell Lake.
Between the two, there is a host of biking routes, hiking paths, and a fantastic golf course in Zell am See. Families with children and teenagers, hikers, outdoor adventurers, and nature lovers will find a huge range of variety and heartfelt hospitality in the Hohe Tauern National Park.
Bathing holidays in Kaprun? Welcome to the Zell Lake!
The Zell Lake is just 10 minutes’ drive from your holiday accommodation in the 4*hotel Alpenhaus Kaprun.
Discover near to Kaprun one of the most beautiful and largest Alpine lakes, with water of drinking quality, countless watersport possibilities, and remarkable views of the surrounding mountains that are hard to beat.
The lake, near Kaprun, is an impressive testament to the last ice age; it is 3.8 km long, up to 1.5 km wide, and has a depth of up to 68 m. The lake however is far from icy, with a water temperature of approximately 24°C in summer, perfect for a pleasant bathing holiday near Kaprun.
Activities whilst on holiday at the Zell Lake near Kaprun
- 3 Lake beaches around the Zell Lake in Zell am See, Thumersbach and Schüttdorf for swimming, bathing, and paddling whilst on holiday in Kaprun, with fine infrastructure for all ages
- Paddle boats, sailing, windsurfing, and waterskiing
- Crystal clear waters of the Zell Lake near Kaprun
- Fishing from April to November in the Zell Lake (only with fishing licence):
Eels, perch, pikeperch, catfish, and rainbow trout
- Boat trips on the Zell Lake: 4 boats that are also available to hire for events, weddings, and celebrations
- In bad weather: dive into our indoor pool in the Alpen.Veda.Spa
The free Zell am See Kaprun Summer Card in your holiday at Das Alpenhaus Kaprun
With the summer card of the Zell am See Kaprun region you benefit from many reductions and free entries, from the reduced entry to the swimming bath to the free ascent to the mountains.
And the best: You get the summer card at your arrival in hotel Alpenhaus Kaprun for FREE.
Nordic Walking in Zell am See – Kaprun, a year-round sport
If you can walk, you can also Nordic walk, and Nordic walking in Salzburger Land is a gentle, but effective way of improving fitness and health. Not only that, but it is also a lot of fun to explore the walking routes in Kaprun and the Hohe Tauern National Park, and enjoy the rich variety of scenery. You can learn the correct technique quickly, for example on the guided Nordic walking tours with our Alpenhaus hiking guide, and Nordic walking equipment is neither cumbersome nor expensive.
Get fit by walking: Nordic walking in Salzburger Land
The human body is not designed for sitting down for lengthy periods. It complains in all sorts of forms at a lack of exercise. Nordic walking in Zell am See – Kaprun promotes blood circulation in your body, involves all of your muscles, and is good for your metabolism. The side effects of Nordic walking are an improved feeling of well-being, weight loss, and increased fitness levels! There are numerous Nordic walking routes in Salzburger Land available to you, and hiking paths are also suitable.
Step by step: walking routes in Kaprun
Nordic walking in Zell am See – Kaprun is especially effective at high-altitude, where the blood can be further enriched with oxygen and the effect of training improved.
Take part in the weekly Nordic walking outings offered in the region. You can find out details about the Alpenhaus weekly programme on our guest information board at hotel reception.
Plan your individual walking tour now with our interactive hiking map of the Kaprun Zell am See region.
Adventure programme for children with lots of variety
Holidays with children in Kaprun, holiday fun between the mountains and lakes!
Hidden gorges, old castles, interesting tours and all sorts of cool adventures on offer for children, and all with the new Cool Kids Fun & Cool Adventure programme of the Zell am See Kaprun tourist office.
It would be hard for family summer holidays in Salzburger Land to be any richer in the variety they offer.
Hiking, bathing, and adventures to experience whilst on holiday with children in Kaprun
- Free, guided walks on the Maiskogel
- Petting zoo at the Maiskogel-Alm
- Maisi-Flitzer Alpine rollercoaster: 1300 m speedy descent on the Maiskogel
- High attitude promenade on the Schmitten with activity stations
- “Schmidolins Feuerstuhl”: Electric motocross for children between the ages of 6 and 14 at the Areitbahn lift
- Hiking in the Hohe Tauern National Park
- Bathing fun at the Zell Lake:
3 open-air pools with access to the lake, swimming pools, and a fantastic infrastructure for families
- Numerous playgrounds for holidays with children in Kaprun
- Lots of places for day trips:
- Hochgebirgsstauseen Kaprun reservoirs
- Sigmund-Thun-Klamm gorge
- Großglockner High Alpine Road
- Wildpark Ferleiten animal and amusement park
- Krimml waterfalls
- Eisriesenwelt Werfen ice caves and Hohenwerfen castle with birds of prey display
- And much more besides!