Hiking in Kaprun
Between lake and mountains: hiking holidays in Kaprun
Kaprun in Salzburger Land is the perfect place for hiking on the Kitzsteinhorn and for a host of hiking tours in the mountains around Kaprun and in the Hohe Tauern National Park. Families, leisure walkers and mountain hikers are just as much in their element here as mountaineers and climbers. You are sure to be able to find a suitable tour on the digital hiking map.
Alpenhaus Kaprun hiking programme
The region offers guided hikes of varying difficulty during the summer season. Whether climbing the Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See, or walking to the Klammsee lake at Kaprun, enjoy wonderful views of the surrounding mountain scenery.
You will find the current weekly programme on the information board in the hotel, or ask at hotel reception for details. You can also register at reception for individual activities.
Each week there are also bike tours in the region for cyclists and mountain bikers to the Zell Lake, up the Maiskogel, or other mountains in the vicinity.
Hiking on the Kitzsteinhorn and walks by the lake
Whether you want to round off your day with a leisurely walk along the banks of the Zell Lake, or are looking for another athletic challenge whilst on a hiking holiday, there are countless well-marked hiking paths in Salzburger Land simply waiting to be discovered.
- Hikes of all difficulties
- Easy navigation using GPS
- Leisurely valley walks, walks around the Zell Lake and along the Salzach river
- Via ferrata
- Themed trails and nature circuits
- Leisurely walking routes
- High altitude paths with spectacular panoramic views
- Summer lifts up the hiking mountains in the Kaprun – Zell am See region:
Maiskogel, Schmittenhöhe and Kitzsteinhorn (free with your Zell am See Kaprun Card)
- Guided mountain tours and summit tours
- Llama trekking
- Plenty of refreshment opportunities when out hiking in Kaprun:
Mountain restaurants, Alpine huts, restaurants, and refreshment stops
- Hiking destinations and attractions, e.g. the Kaprun high mountain reservoirs
Our TIP: the Zell am See Kaprun apps for smart phones
Whether hiking or walking or for general information about the Zell am See Kaprun Summer Card, the Kaprun Zell am See region apps always have key information ready to hand.